Saturday 21 June 2008

Its a mystery tour

Walking down the footpath towards the road I can see my car, small and silver, nice and shiny except the plodge of bird muck high on the passenger window. It is parked in the layby at the end of the path looking all sparkly but it wasn't right. I shouldn't have been able to see it where I had parked it last night.



Getting in I had to adjust the seat as my short arms and legs were having to stretch more than is normal. Seat back in the right place I pull out of the layby then indicate right making sure there is nothing coming down the road on the left, you have to almost pull out into the middle of the road to see whats coming and the cars parked all down the other side don't help. Facing down the road now I see children playing on the grass between the church and the vicarage on the corner under the trees that line the railway cutting. Turning left and then almost immediately right my fourth turn in not much more than 100 yds. Onto the main road now, the one that I always think of as being a straight road for most of its 1.5 mile length but it actually has a lot of bends in it. In the mornings I turn left heading towards the north of the town then down onto the motorway but today I'm going right, over the railway bridge, as I pass the petrol station I notice that it is now £116.9 for unleaded and £130 for deisel.



It is only as my car begins to climb the slight hill that I realise that radio 1 is blasting out of my stereo. I can't be doing with this, depressing the small button I change it to my cd. Thats better now I have the song that some of the BB contestants had to sing during the Karaoke a couple of days ago. Total eclipse of the heart. Resisting the urge to sing along I swing my little car around a few more bends before reaching the traffic lights at the end of the road. Waiting for the lights to change thinking about the mystery. There can be no other explanation, parked in the wrong place, my seat moved, the stereo set to radio 1..............DC must have borrowed my car, but when and why. He has had the key for his car since wednesday evening so he has no reason to use mine. By the time the lights have changed one of my favourite songs has come on. Singing at the top of my voice now I am your lady this song always make me think of Romeo. I am his woman and he is my man, we're heading for something, somewhere I've never been.

Gliding down the hill towards the village where Shakespear spent much of his time, I notice that at the top of the opposite hill I can just see the roof nestled among the trees of the hotel that got hit by lightening the day before it was due to be full of tourist visiting The Festival of the Sea.

Arriving in the village to collect the child who rang me earlier because whilst climbing trees he ripped his trousers. Ripped his trousers!! ok I thought maybe a tear in the knee ot perhaps he has split the seam, but nothing prepared me for the sight that met me when I saw him. If his sports trousers hadn't been lined then he would have been completely exposed. It looked more like he was wearing a skirt with splits up the back and front. Guess who is going to be having a sewing lesson tonight.

14 comments:

Annie Wan said...

once george borrowed my car for an emergency because his was out of petrol - hah!

Dark Side said...

I wasn't sure what to expect then, did DC borrow the car?..lol...it is late humour me....xx

Lady in red said...

he did thinking that he would use it to go to the gym using my petrol! while I was asleep

welcome rae

Dark Side said...

Should have told you it was Emma, had a name change and profile pic...xx

Lady in red said...

hey Emma what are you trying to do to me ?

Lady in red said...

lol

Vincent said...

Ha, let's have more posts about cars, much more interesting than your lovers, exes, wannabes etc

Lady in red said...

vincent you are only saying that because you just posted abput cars

Vincent said...

Damn! am i that transparent? I cannot post about my lovers etc because of a gentleman's sense of honour. My lips are sealed, regardless of theirs.

Lady in red said...

Vincent I do understand that a post about your lovers on your blog would be out of place. But theres nothing to stop you mentioning them here ;-)

MarmiteToasty said...

My Tom has been away for a week in Spain with one of his other brothers and his mates..... whilst he was gone he parked all 3 of his cars out the front.. living in a little terrace me neighbours much of been swearing seeing Toms 3 cars, my 1 and my Sams car all parked out the front lol..... he has a little run around renault seat which he is flogging in the week, and then his do up job capri and just before he left for Spain he bought himself a suped up boy racer VT Turbo little car with that paint job that changes into 3 different colours as you walk pass, its fast and beautiful and alarmed up to the hilt......

well, where Im going with this is........ whilst Tom was a way my Sam asked if he could drive the suped up boy racer beauty to pick his younger brother up from school....... he knew what me answer would be before he even opened his mouth lol...... NO.... the keys were on the side but he knew it was more then his life was worth to take it without permission.... :).... he would of been shoved up the fat exhaust by his brother if he had lol.... he also knows NOT to take my Previa under any circumstances.... that is WHY he has his own little car....

LOL@your lads split trousers, how many times has that happened here LOL......

x

Karen said...

Thank God my kids are still too young to drive, well for another 2 years anyway. At that time my one remaining thing I can still safely call my own, my car, will no doubt be up for grabs.....sigh.

Lady in red said...

Marmite I bet it made your life easier once your boys began driving and getting their own wheels. I has mine, I don't need to play at being a taxi quite as often as I had been before.

Lady in red said...

gypsy having our children drive has its advantages and disadvantages.......think of all those hours you spend driving your girls from one place to another.