Tuesday 3 June 2008

The Duke

Last night I was chatting to my friend Duke online, we have not chatted for a while. He was the person responsible for starting me off blogging more than 18 months ago. Duke made a decision to stop blogging temporarily at the end of April 08. Yesterday he reopened his blog. I know cake and Ro both read Duke but I don't think anyone else here does but that is probably because he has mainly although not exclusively blogged about sex.


Through Duke who has had several blogs as his blogging style and audience have evolved, I found other bloggers. Most memorable being Cherrie (The Sensuous Libertine) whose blog was so immensely educational as well as entertaining, Cherrie was a very welcoming woman who shared with everyone her life with her husband, her special friends both male and female. Her posts were thoroughly researched and detailed. Through Cherrie I learnt a lot about sexual and other matters. For several months last year Cherrie was working too much to be able to devote the time she wanted to her blog, her husband Hardin took over writing the blog for a few months until due to personal problems the couple decided to stop blogging. However the blog is still open if you feel the need to be educated. It is well worth a visit by anyone interested in sex whether they are male or female.


Another blog I became addicted to was that of La Fille Marie. Like myself La Fille was on a journey to discover her sexual self. She wrote beatifully honest accounts of her encounters with her lovers, her dreams and her demons. Her journey included experimenting with bondage tape and nipple clamps, a variety of sex toys and endles positions with lovers who took on their own personalities for the people who followed La Fille on her journey. I saw a lot of myself in La fille (this was probably partly due to us both being strong aries women). We helped each other to take the steps we did on our own paths sometimes she led and I followed other times she followed where I had been. Without her I wonder if I would have done all the things I did. La Fille showed me that it was possible to explore my sexual fantasies without losing my dignity. Unfortunately La Fille also made the decision to close her blog last year. I am lucky in that I can if I so wish make contact through email. I choose not to carry on email contact out of respect for her wish for privacy.


Other bloggers I found through Duke were Fussy Bitch who recently was responsible for starting the blog every day in May campaign. Uncle Freddy, Easily Aroused (his erotic fiction is something to be experinced) and several others. Including Cake and a more recent discovery that is Ro.


Now that Duke has reopened his blog he has decided to give up blogging about sex. I don't know if he will find this easy. Last summer I made a similar decision when I made this my main blog but I kept Battle open for those posts which I felt would be out of place here. I have not entirely given up writing about sex (either real or fictional) but have found my writing to be less and less sexual, whether that is due to a lack of sex in my life I am not totally sure maybe it is an element of the truth. When I stopped writing so much about sex I found that a number of my readers stopped reading, his did not overly bother me as these readers were quickly replaced by others.


Duke I wish you luck with your new direction. But one thing you can be sure of is that whether we read each other's blogs or not you will still be one of my friends.

7 comments:

Annie Wan said...

i have a list of fave naughty blogs and the Duke was one of them and i'd also noticed cherie and hardin. funny though i have just started blogging something naughty. i wonder if you stopped because you have made othe not seemingly naughty blogging friends and didn' want to offend them?

Lady in red said...

lol no that was not the reason. although that is partly why I have not closed the other blogs, that way you can choose to only read this one or you can read the othrs too.

No the reason I did this was due to me giving up playing the field in favour of finding an LTR. Just in case who ever found my blog it was going to be respectable. For a while I kept this one seperate from the other two. Some of my friends complained about me posting on both blogs so I began to use this one more then finally linked them together. As you may have noticed I have started posting on battle more often again now.

Annie Wan said...

you have ... hmm i must remember to check on battle more often. i started another blog too, but that's more to go and sort stuff out that whirls around in my head - god that sounds like i'm such a nutcase, lol. i wrote some naughty posts in one of my old blogs when i had started seeing fred then deleted them when i worried that people might be offended. now i figure we're all normal beings with healthy appetites and this is who i am and i am writing for myself so i've started again. but it's very mild compared to other eye popping stuff, lol.

DJ Kirkby said...

Just wanted to say I like your comment on my WW post but can't reply to you on it as I am supposed to be 'wordless' on wednesdays! xo

Lady in red said...

dj it was just the first thing that popped into my empty head.....oh and I love it when i get to be first to leave a caption even though I know others will be better.

Anonymous said...

I miss cherrie. She really was educational. But I know what you mean, you have to be feeling really sexual to write those sort of posts. the only time I've ever felt that way was with Chief. I don't think I could write about sex without someones influence on me.

Joanna Cake said...

Im not sure if I found you through the Duke or through Angie.

As to not writing about sex, I think Id miss exploring that side of my imagination...