Friday 27 February 2009

Sparks

I have been giving some thought to how things are going with Kama and I am sure that if you are honest you will admit that you want to know what is going on with him.




It has now been 2 1/2 months since he first emailed me. This is definitely a slow burning relationship. It took us a few weeks of emails before we moved onto text messages and weekly phone calls.




It took nearly two months for us to meet. I don't think he was in too much of a rush, which suited me. I did want to meet him but I was afraid. I don't know how this will pan out for us.




I am not superstitious, I don't put much store in superstitions, opening an umbrella inside or putting shoes on a table etc don't bother me in the slightest. However I do believe in fate. I believe that Kama and I were meant to cross paths when we did. He was the first to find my email address the way he did. If he had contacted me sooner (even just a few days) I wouldn't have replied. I was not mentally ready for someone new to enter my life.




That was why I was happy to take it at his pace. We have met twice now. Perhaps before now I would have been hoping for sparks between us but they are not there. When we met there were no sparks, when we kissed there were no fireworks. Certainly when I met Romeo there were fireworks but look where that got me.


With Kama there might not be sparks flying all about the place but there is the feeling of a magnetic force quietly drawing us together. His text message always make me chuckle, when we talk we giggle like a pair of kids. There is so much common ground for us, I cannot believe we have never met before. We live close to each other, he is probably only yards closer to the local shopping precinct than I am. We know some of the same people (I am not talking about our neighbourhood now). His daughter 10 days younger than DC (I discovered they are friends). His son just a month younger than ET both heading for similar lives. Even in our work there are things we have in common. We communicate everyday even though it sometimes doesn't feel like it.


This past week has been a testing time. After I saw him briefly last Friday I knew that I wanted to see more of Kama. I decided to push things further. I let him know as part of a chatty email that I was fed up with the tedium of trawling profiles on dating sites when I had already met someone I want to be able to get to know better. The devastation I felt when I didn't hear from him for what felt like days but in reality was merely from mid morning Monday until Tuesday tea time. I was on the verge of asking if he had been abducted by aliens when he text me that he had been so busy he didn't know where two days had gone. We had a lovely giggly chat until my phone decided it was time to play up. My spirits were lifted just from having some contact from him.


I have realised that I miss him when he hasn't been in contact for a few hours. A few weeks ago I took Romeo's picture off my desktop and replaced it with the photo of Kama that I lifted from the dating site.

Yesterday I finally took Romeo's pictures off the screen of my mobile. I feel ready to move on.

5 comments:

Ron said...

Hi Lady!

As I was reading this post, I saw that you had mentioned two things that I feel very similar about.

Superstition and Fate.

In fact, I have a post already written about my feelings on superstition that I may post next week.

But I AM a huge believer in Fate and Destiny. I do feel that certain people and situations cross our paths for a reason. This has happened to me too many times NOT to believe it.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear Lady!

Anonymous said...

I suspect he is as nervous as you are. *grins* Have a great weekend, my dear. Think happy thoughts!! hee hee

DJ Kirkby said...

What an interesting post and so full of coincidences between you and Kama. Glad you are moving on from Romeo.

Dark Side said...

Maybe you are right about the sparks, it didn't get me anywhere with MM either.

A nice slow steady burn sounds like just as much fun.

I am so pleased you are finally healing from Romeo too...xxx

MarmiteToasty said...

me thinks that romeo was a user... whereas I think that kama is a steady take it slowly kinda bloke... I bet he feels the same about you as you do about him when he has not heard from you :)

x