Sunday 15 February 2009

Over the grumps

I have got over the grumps of yesterday. I think a big part of it was that I had woken up with a sinus headache then discovering that my sweet text was not exclusively mine just sort of tipped me over the edge as it were.


I had a long chat with Dani which resulted in both of us getting back into doing some ground work on our dating sites. In fact I have just replied to a message from a sweet guy not far from Mei. But he often drives down this way. I booked myself a night out at a valentine's disco in a pub in the city where I have been to a few social events before.


I finally dragged myself out for a spot of grocery shopping at about 6pm, leaving my phone at home (something I don't normally do if I can help it). When I returned I found that Kama had text me (his 3rd of the day I hadn't replied to either of his earlier texts). He mentioned the rugby and asked what I was upto. I was already having doubts about going out but I told him I was going into the city later. He then wanted to know where I was going. We exchanged a few text as I described what I was going to wear to the valentines disco. I didn't say where it was or if I was going with anyone. At 9pm he text asking me what time I was going as it was already 9pm (my last text was 8.30!!) so I just didn't reply. Let him think I had already gone.


Instead of going out I stayed in and watched tv and a film with ET cuddled up to me for 4 hours. We also talked about him joining the RAF which to my suprise he has already applied online and received a career opportunities book from them. He's working on getting himself fit following their plan. So instead of my sunday afternoon visit to the gym the two of us are going swimming. Neither of us have been swimming since our disaster of a holiday in Clacton in aug 2006. It is good to see him taking the initiative instead of me having to give him step by step instructions.


This morning I have played agony aunt to not one but two guys online with their vastly different problems. At one point I thought I had written a long bit of advice on one guy's sexual problem to the guy who was having custody issues. But to my relief I hadn't.


I had better get myself organised now and feed my friend's cat then get on and do all the other things I have got planned for today.

10 comments:

Dark Side said...

Well done and letting him think he wasn't the only iron in the fire, let's see how he reacts to that.

xx

Fire Byrd said...

Go Girl..... that we'll keep him drooling for you.
QV brought a fantastic book for Christmas called ... 'men love bitches', which is just about us standing up for ourselves and believing we are worthy and not running after men.I would lend it to you but you seem to have it sussed.LOL
xx

DJ Kirkby said...

Well done you. Glad to hear you had a nice night in. xo

Wild Cat said...

You and I had very similar Valentines Eves then - I had a PJs and Duvet night with the kids. Nothing more lovely than being snuggled up with them watching PG films :o)

xx

MarmiteToasty said...

Good for you not being at his beck and call.....

I would of wet meself laffing if you had sent the wrong advice to the wrong maties about their sex lives LOL to dam funny

x

Lady in red said...

DS I just wish I could see his face when he reads the email I wrote this evening in reply to his earlier one.

'I have enjoyed some fun excercise and got very wet. He wasn't impressed when he got cramp in his foot.'

obviously he doesn't know I went swimming with ET.

Lady in red said...

Fire that sounds like a great book. i wouldn't say I had it sussed but I'm learning. I still wish we could be more like kids and just say what we think/want. i hate having to play games.

Lady in red said...

DJ unfortunately as they get older boys don't often want to spend hours snuggled up with mum so it was a rare treat.

Lady in red said...

Wild I'm glad you had a nice evening with your boys. Make the most of it while they are still young.

Lady in red said...

marmite I wonder if the advice I was giving to the younger one would have helped the other's marriage if it had been a yr ago.