Sunday 8 February 2009

Red and or black

After a couple of text during the morning Kama aka The Man phoned me at lunch time for a chat. I had woken up with a splitting headache at 4am. I wasn't taking any chances so took one of my migraine tablets and slept it off. So by the time Kama called I was almost headache free. 6 hours to go and I still had no idea what I would wear. His parting words had been 'wrap up warm' so I knew he wasn't expecting me to be wearing anything skimpy hee hee.


I couldn't decide on skirt or trousers the only thing I was sure of was that I wanted to wear my red heels. I wanted to wear red and black I just didn't know what. My jeans are all either too big or too small none are a good fit right now. My black trousers fit well but I have been wearing them for work most days the last couple of months. Besides I would prefer to wear a skirt. Heading into Town I soon had bags containing new dark red nail varnish and lipstick, a new mascarra and blusher. A soft woollen red scarf, black mid calf length skirt and a black scoop necked top and finally some new red flower earrings.


I spent the rest of the afternoon painting my nails I normally do this in a rush and end up smudging them. Left hand perfect! right hand not so perfect. I really thought they had dried completely before I grabbed the towel from the airing cupboard as I prepared to have a leisurely shower. I had finally decided to wear my new black skirt with scarlet tights (I couldn't find any scarlet stockings other than my fishnets). When I put on the new black top it wasn't what I wanted so I opted for black camisole with red cardigan. But when I put the cardigan on with 10 minutes to go, it stank. I had taken it out of the washing machine a couple of hours earlier and part dried it in tumble drier before draping it on my radiator. To me it smelt as though some one had been sick on it, OJ said it smelt like cheese. With such a short time left I quickly swapped camisole for the black lace top I wore at the book launch.


Make up applied, a dash of prada scent, my new earrings and a new red and black bead neacklace all I need now was my red scarf and my leather jacket, I was ready to go out.

10 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Sounds like you and Dani are in cahoots- blind dates and wow em clothes!
You go girl!
Hope it was a great night.
xx

Mel said...

I guess this is a 'to be continued' post. LOL

How DO you function in those heels?!

CheekyDani said...

Sounds stunning! I often dress like that ie I MUST wear some item and find the rest of the outfit to go with that...

BUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE MAN?! I'm on tenterhooks here!!!!

x

Annie Wan said...

ok so you had a terrific outfit on. now what about the man?

Queen Vixen said...

I want to know what happened. You obviously looked spectacular. Did he wow you or did he disappoint ... come on Lady we are all desperate to know xx

Lady in red said...

fire byrd I see no point in going on a date feeling that I don't look my best.

Lady in red said...

Mel you guessed right

As for the heels I have always preferred heels to flats I don't function in flats never have done.

They do take a little longer to get used to these days if I have not worn them for a while. In this case it has been 4 or 5 months snce I had occasion to wear them.

Lady in red said...

Dani I wanted the heels to give me a little more height plus not only am I the 'lady in red' but his favoutire colours are red and black

Lady in red said...

Mei I can assure you that the man aka Kama was definitely there ;D

Lady in red said...

QV in a small way he did disappoint me a little but thats not to say he didn't wow me too