Monday 6 October 2008

I love you

Next week I have a day off from work,


I wish I could say that the plan is to spend the day with Romeo


I wish I could say that I was going to spend the day shopping


I wish I could say I was just going to relax all day


However


I am glad to say that I shall be spending my day pushing a wheelchair around our local Military (former) Hospital


I am glad to say that my day will be spent supporting my mum as she has x-rays, blood tests etc


I am glad to say that on Monday 20th October my mum will be going back into hospital to have her knee replacement redone.


I would like to say that they can guarantee that this time the operation will be a success.


I can only hope that this time my mum will be on crutches for weeks not months


I can only hope that this time my mum will be free of pain for the first time since her original operation in January 2007


I can only hope that this operation will give my lovely mum her life back.



Today I did something that I don't do as often as I should. I phoned my mum just to tell her that I love her. I frequently tell my sons that I love them but I don't often tell my mum that I love her. So from today I promise to tell her more often. Her reply was that she doesn't tell me she loves me either but she does. It just hasn't been the done thing in the family I grew up in, but I have always told my children that I love them. I believe that the most important thing in a child's life is that they know they are loved. But it is important for everyone young or old to know they are loved.


when was the last time you told someone that you love them and who was it?
Oh and just to prove that this is me and not some alien life form who has taken over my blog. Only I could be this stupid................. sitting in my bath this morning, I had an itch on my shoulder blade just where I couldn't quite reach. so what did I do, I looked around and picked up the only thing I could think to use to scratch my itch......... WARNING if you are squeamish stop reading NOW.......................
Who else would be stupid enough to use a razor !!! yes thats right I used a bloody razor to scratch my itch. The second I touched my back the safety cover flipped off and I succeeded in cutting myself open. Strangely I soon forgot about my itch.

18 comments:

Annie Wan said...

ow -

i'm sorry your mum has to go back to have her knee redone, keeping fingers crossed for her it goes better this time too x

DJ Kirkby said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, twice. Once when I read what you wrote about telling your mom tha tyou love her and then again when I read about you using a razor to scratch your babk!

Mel said...

We just can't say it often enough....

*hugs and prayers and healing thoughts for the mom*
I DO hope and pray for a successful surgery and recovery.

Bless your heart--cuz.....

nitebyrd said...

I'm sending good thoughts and healing energy to your mother. I think we always just assume that those we love know it. It is a good thing to say it, often.

(((hugs))) for you and your mum!

nitebyrd said...

Oh! Thanks for the tip about not scratching with a razor. It's a good one.

(Hope you didn't do too much damage!)

Dark Side said...

Hope everything goes well for Mum, keeping my fingers crossed for her, mine is back running about like a good un now thankfully.

Ouch to the razor, I did something similar the other day with a hard skin remover trying to shave my legs with the wrong attachment.....hope you didn't do too much damage..xx

MarmiteToasty said...

much love to you LIR and hugs and love to your dear mum...... I so hope that they get it right this time.... I could well be joining her.... jebus we would have a laff.... seriously though, give her a hug from me.... and take one for yourself..

x

Trixie said...

I tell my boys everyday I love them as well, and my mum everyweek when speaking on the phone. Last person who probably told me they loved me was nephew Pete, he says it all the time, such a sweetie.

Fire Byrd said...

I tell the boys every night if they're at home to hear it, or every phone call.
And I nowadays tell my friends to their faces as i do my sister, cause I never said it enough to my parents when they were alive.
Hope it all goes well for your mum.

And I suppose you'll be using an onion next to mop your tears when you cry..... what are you like???

Lady in red said...

Mei she has been so patient all this time she deserves to have it put right at last.

Lady in red said...

dj I'm really sorry I made you cry I prefer to make my friends laugh ;-)

Lady in red said...

mel thanks as always

Lady in red said...

nitebyrd my mum comes from a family who didn't show feelings so it wasa never easy for her to show her feelings which is why I struggle with mine. I can talk about my feelings until the cows come home but to admit that I love my family is not so easy but I have always made sure that my children know they are loved.

Lady in red said...

nitebyrd from what I can see in the mirror its just a gash about 1" in length. Hasn't bothered me too much. I did worry that it would catch on my bra strap but it doesn't

Lady in red said...

rae it is a good thing your mum recovered well from her op as now shes running around after you, now that is what I call pay back

Lady in red said...

marmie I hope you won't be offended if I say I hope you won't be joining her. Is it very likely?

Lady in red said...

trixie when my boys were younger I used to tell them that no matter what happens in their day the most important thing to remember was that 'mummy loves you'

Lady in red said...

fire I always finish every call to my boys with 'love you'

hmmm an onion now theres a thought but wouldn't it make my skin stink of onion!!

I'm thinking of doing a daily

'most stupid moment in my day'

what do you recon?