Monday 17 December 2007

Back on line

finally I am back.

I had just got out of the shower this morning when there was an insistent knocking on my front door. It was the BT engineer wanting to drill a hole through my lounge wall, that done he was stood in my "flower bed" more shrubs than flowers these days trying not to get caught up on the 3' aloe vera that was in his way. I ran back upstairs trying to rouse OJ from his lie in (college finished on friday for the hols) then into my room to get dressed. I had been about to get ready for work.
When I got to work I got a call from OJ to check that the telephone line was working and didnt have any of the usual crackles. Oh what it is to be crackle less after years of varying degrees of crackles. All those years we kept buying new phones because we thought it was a problem with the phones now we know it was the cable.

When I got home from work (half day today to use up my hols) I spent the next 2 hrs or so getting the internet on both computers.

I have to go to the gym now so will catch up with everyone later

12 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Welcome back! x x

Dark Side said...

So pleased to have you back, I have missed you..xx

Anonymous said...

I've a few photos to pass on to you from the other week, will pass them on via email shortly. Congratulations on the job too - good news!

Fat Controller said...

Good news all round, then. Many congratulations on getting the job and so glad you're back with us again.

Joanna Cake said...

Welcome Back and Well Done! x

Vi said...

Welcome back to the land of the net, and great news about the job!

nitebyrd said...

Welcome back, Lady! You've been sorely missed!

katy said...

she's back, she's back as a matter of fact she's back, glad to have you back girl

Jungle VIP said...

Fair play girl. You're back. Love from me. I wrote georgie's post tonight....she's off running
JVIP

cheekyfaces said...

Welcome back! x

Lady in red said...

thank you to all of you and I am glad to be back but boy has it taken me forever to write my next post. So busy catching up with my online friends ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well said.