Sunday 2 August 2009

me and my camera


The sun came and went a few times this morning but the rain stayed away. I couldn't just stay in doors the next dry day I shall be at work. This week there is the annual 'Cowes week' I have never really taken a great deal of notice but my brother always tried to be there until a few years ago (he remarried 5 yrs ago so its probably about 7 yrs since he went). Yesterday when I went down to the beach it was almost deserted.....not suprising really with the insistent rain (insisting on getting anyone brave or foolish enough to venture out soaked). But today as I would my way along the country lane skirting the nature reserve I turned the corner to discover that the parking spaces lining the road beside the beach were all filled. There were families with picnics, couples with cameras some with tripods and zoom lenses, others were armed with binoclars.

Passing the sailing club with its full car park, all the spaces lining the lane a it rose above the beach were also taken. Finally I found a space in the car park at the far end of the village. The one where I have stood to watch the fireworks at the end of cowes week several times in the recent past. The place was packed with dog walkers, families picnicing either on the pebble beach or on the grass between the car park and the beach. I followed the pavement to the end then followed the beach towards the west heading in the direction of the sailing club. Stoping to take a few photographs. Looking out across the water towards Isle of Wight I could see hundreds of yachts with colourful sails but thousands of white sailed yachts and dingies.
After I had walked along the beach and back the sun had reappeared, it was lunch time so I headed off up to my favourite hill for a much needed and very rare burger and cup of tea. More photos with my new camera phone. Here are a few of the photos I took today.


















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love watching the waves roll in and out at the beach. It's so soothing.

Grump said...

Very impressed with the photos. Has it always been a camera phone that you have used on your photographic work, or do you have a proper camera too.
x

Fire Byrd said...

OOO the sea, the boats, the waves I bet there were gulls too..... ~sigh~
xx

Elaine Denning said...

Beach, boats and burgers. What could possibly be better.

(Beer. Was there any beer? Lol.)

nitebyrd said...

Those are great pictures! Seems to me, you had a wonderful day.

Mel said...

Ohhhhh....sea, surf....seagulls... *sigh*

Lucky you.
Pretty photos! :-)

DJ Kirkby said...

Great photos. You are brave eating a rare burger!